Morgan steps down as women's lacrosse head coach
Four days after the Hofstra women's lacrosse's 10-9 loss in the CAA semifinals, head coach Abby Morgan stepped down from her position.
Morgan was the head coach of the Pride for six years and was with the program for a total of nine.
"I have truly enjoyed helping young women succeed in the classroom, on the field and in life," stated Morgan. "I wish the best to the student-athletes that I have coached here at Hofstra and wish them luck in all of their future endeavors. Personally, I am extremely appreciative and thankful for my Assistant Coaches Tanya Kotowicz and Allison Nuzzi for everything they have done for me and for the program."
Morgan joined the staff as an assistant coach in 2004 season and took over the head coaching position in 2006.
She compiled a 52-50 record, leading the Pride to a 5-12 record this past season. Morgan did manage to lead Hofstra to the semifinals of this year's tournament to ensure a top four finish.
Hofstra made the CAA championship game twice under her in 2007 and 2010.
In 2007, she coached the Pride to an NCAA Tournament appearance where it lost 12-8 to Johns Hopkins University.
"We would like to thank coach Morgan for her contributions to Hofstra University and our women's lacrosse program," said Interim Director of Athletics Danny McCabe. "We appreciate all of her efforts over the last nine years and wish her well in the future."
The Athletic Department will conduct a national search to find Morgan's succesor.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Hofstra Chronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE HOFSTRA CHRONICLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel