Morgan steps down as women's lacrosse head coach
Four days after the Hofstra women's lacrosse's 10-9 loss in the CAA semifinals, head coach Abby Morgan stepped down from her position.
Morgan was the head coach of the Pride for six years and was with the program for a total of nine.
"I have truly enjoyed helping young women succeed in the classroom, on the field and in life," stated Morgan. "I wish the best to the student-athletes that I have coached here at Hofstra and wish them luck in all of their future endeavors. Personally, I am extremely appreciative and thankful for my Assistant Coaches Tanya Kotowicz and Allison Nuzzi for everything they have done for me and for the program."
Morgan joined the staff as an assistant coach in 2004 season and took over the head coaching position in 2006.
She compiled a 52-50 record, leading the Pride to a 5-12 record this past season. Morgan did manage to lead Hofstra to the semifinals of this year's tournament to ensure a top four finish.
Hofstra made the CAA championship game twice under her in 2007 and 2010.
In 2007, she coached the Pride to an NCAA Tournament appearance where it lost 12-8 to Johns Hopkins University.
"We would like to thank coach Morgan for her contributions to Hofstra University and our women's lacrosse program," said Interim Director of Athletics Danny McCabe. "We appreciate all of her efforts over the last nine years and wish her well in the future."
The Athletic Department will conduct a national search to find Morgan's succesor.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Hofstra Chronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE HOFSTRA CHRONICLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now