Morgan steps down as women's lacrosse head coach
Four days after the Hofstra women's lacrosse's 10-9 loss in the CAA semifinals, head coach Abby Morgan stepped down from her position.
Morgan was the head coach of the Pride for six years and was with the program for a total of nine.
"I have truly enjoyed helping young women succeed in the classroom, on the field and in life," stated Morgan. "I wish the best to the student-athletes that I have coached here at Hofstra and wish them luck in all of their future endeavors. Personally, I am extremely appreciative and thankful for my Assistant Coaches Tanya Kotowicz and Allison Nuzzi for everything they have done for me and for the program."
Morgan joined the staff as an assistant coach in 2004 season and took over the head coaching position in 2006.
She compiled a 52-50 record, leading the Pride to a 5-12 record this past season. Morgan did manage to lead Hofstra to the semifinals of this year's tournament to ensure a top four finish.
Hofstra made the CAA championship game twice under her in 2007 and 2010.
In 2007, she coached the Pride to an NCAA Tournament appearance where it lost 12-8 to Johns Hopkins University.
"We would like to thank coach Morgan for her contributions to Hofstra University and our women's lacrosse program," said Interim Director of Athletics Danny McCabe. "We appreciate all of her efforts over the last nine years and wish her well in the future."
The Athletic Department will conduct a national search to find Morgan's succesor.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Hofstra Chronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE HOFSTRA CHRONICLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses