Morgan steps down as women's lacrosse head coach
Four days after the Hofstra women's lacrosse's 10-9 loss in the CAA semifinals, head coach Abby Morgan stepped down from her position.
Morgan was the head coach of the Pride for six years and was with the program for a total of nine.
"I have truly enjoyed helping young women succeed in the classroom, on the field and in life," stated Morgan. "I wish the best to the student-athletes that I have coached here at Hofstra and wish them luck in all of their future endeavors. Personally, I am extremely appreciative and thankful for my Assistant Coaches Tanya Kotowicz and Allison Nuzzi for everything they have done for me and for the program."
Morgan joined the staff as an assistant coach in 2004 season and took over the head coaching position in 2006.
She compiled a 52-50 record, leading the Pride to a 5-12 record this past season. Morgan did manage to lead Hofstra to the semifinals of this year's tournament to ensure a top four finish.
Hofstra made the CAA championship game twice under her in 2007 and 2010.
In 2007, she coached the Pride to an NCAA Tournament appearance where it lost 12-8 to Johns Hopkins University.
"We would like to thank coach Morgan for her contributions to Hofstra University and our women's lacrosse program," said Interim Director of Athletics Danny McCabe. "We appreciate all of her efforts over the last nine years and wish her well in the future."
The Athletic Department will conduct a national search to find Morgan's succesor.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Hofstra Chronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE HOFSTRA CHRONICLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor